The Home School Community Liaison (HSCL) Scheme is one that seeks to promote partnership between parents, teachers, students and the local community.
We currently have one full time Home School Liaison Co-Ordinator in the school.
The main objectives of the scheme are
- To enhance pupils’ learning opportunities
- Retain young people in the education system
- Promote an ongoing partnership between parents, teachers, students and the local community.
- Liaising between primary and secondary school
- Support parents in the education of their children
- Co-ordinators operate on a cluster basis and each co-ordinator liaises closely with colleagues in the immediate area.