What is the Scholarship?
The scholarship gives young people (boys and girls) the chance to receive an education (junior certificate & leaving certificate) while progressing their basketball skills.
Who is involved?
- Fully qualified Basketball Ireland accredited coach
- Brand new all weather pitch and indoor hall
- Fitness centre including treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machines, skiers, bike etc.
- A personalised weights program
- A full size fitness studio including spinning bikes.
- Personalised nutrition program linked with the home economics program
Extra entitlements for scholarship students
- Free transport (a Leap Card is handed out to every scholarship student who travels to the school. This is then topped up weekly)
- Reduced book rental every year.
- The chance to play on the school basketball team (entering the post primary school basketball competitions for both boys and girls at all ages).
- Opportunity to try out for the Dublin schools basketball team which could possibly lead on to the Irish National team.
- Two hours coaching in school time per week
- Training after school alongside non scholarship students.
- Receive classes in performance and nutrition
- A talk on nutrition from a guest speaker associated with Basketball Ireland.
- Each member of the programme will be linked with a basketball club in their locality.
School Year 2018/2019
1st and 2nd Year Basketball