Learning through soccer
What is the Scholarship?
The scholarship gives young people (boys and girls) the chance to receive an education (Junior Certificate & Leaving Certificate) while progressing there football skills.
Who is involved?
- Two FAI coaches (approved FAI and UEFA badges)
- A qualified teacher supervising at all times.
- Brand new All weather pitch and indoor hall
- Fitness centre including treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machines, skiers, bike etc.
- A personalised weights program
- A full size fitness studio including spinning bikes.
- Personalised nutrition program linked with the home economics program
Extra entitlements for scholarship students
- The program is the only FAI approved secondary scholarship for secondary school students.
- Free transport - a Leap Card is handed out to every scholarship student who travels to the school. This is then topped up weekly.
- Reduced book rental every year.
- The chance to play on the school football team (entering FAI school boy leagues, indoor and outdoor tournaments etc.)
- The ability to further your football with regular inputs and assessments from the FAI.
Learning through Soccer Past pupils
- Conor Clifford (Chelsea - captain of the youth team that won the FA Youth Cup & Dundalk)
- Brandon Miele (Newcastle & Shamrock Rovers)
- Graham Burke (Aston Villa & Shamrock Rovers)
- John Sullivan (Hamilton Academicals & Bray Wanderers)
- Kameron Ledwidge (Southampton)
This only mentions a few players that have succeed on the Larkin CC scholarship program. We have a large amount of players with a range of League of Ireland debuts with various clubs across the country.