Information regarding COVID-19
The Department of Health and the office of the Chief Medical Officer have advised that there are no new requirements in respect of managing COVID-19.
The key messages are as follows:
- Stay at home if you are unwell. The best way to keep all viruses out of school is to stay at home if you are unwell and until your symptoms have substantially resolved for 48 hours.
- Maintain a good standard of hand hygiene
- Adhere to good respiratory etiquette
- Ensure good ventilation arrangements
- Continue to maintain good levels of cleaning
Guidance on Ventilation in Schools - NO change to the guidance that was last updated in 2021
COVID-19 Response Plan - Schools should continue to maintain/update their COVID10 Response plans to take account of the changed public health advice. The Dept of Ed is currently revising the template for COVID-19 Response Plans and will issue the revised template to schools shortly.